Fraser Island’s best rated Guided Tours
Explore ancient rainforests, stunning lakes, and unique landscapes on an overnight 4wd guided tour. Drive a pink 4WD vehicle with tips from your knowledgeable guide.
- Zip around in a pink four-wheel-drive vehicle
- Float your troubles away at Eli Creek
- Admire the pristine white sand and vivid blue water of Lake McKenzie
- Take the perfect picture at the Maheno Shipwreck
- Wander beneath ancient rainforests next to a crystal-clear creek
On your first day, walk under the rainforest at Central Station, the heart of Fraser Island, and then four wheel drive on the colored sands of the 75 Mile Beach to the Happy Valley for a BBQ lunch. After lunch, go for a swim or take a tube ride at Eli Creek.
Learn from your experienced, knowledgeable lead guide and meet like-minded travelers. See the world-renowned Maheno Shipwreck before heading to Lake Garawongera. Return to your accommodation for time to relax, drink, play volleyball on the beach, and unwind before dinner.
The next day, enjoy a continental breakfast before setting off for the emerald green Lake Wabby or Lake Birrabeen, depending on the tides and weather. Relax, play, and swim at the beautiful Lake McKenzie. Head back to the barge at Kingfisher Bay.
What you need to know about our 2 Day Guided 4wd Tour
- 2 Days, 1 night experience on Fraser Island OR see our 3 Day Tagalong for a longer trip.
- 1 Night dorm accommodation in our private Beach House at Happy Valley on Fraser Island’s Eastern Beach)
- Double Room upgrade maybe available $40
- Hot showers and comfy beds
- All meals are prepared and cooked by our wonderful volunteers and guide, but you can help out if you want!
- Return barge transfer included
- Free pick up from your hostel in Hervey Bay from 8:30am (passengers only)
- GET TO 4WD (Driver safety briefing 730am morning of departure)
- Alcohol and snack shop with the group and guide the morning of departure
- Free street car parking while you are away
- FOOD Included in price – 2 lunches, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast and some snacks
- We cater for dietary requirements so let us know what you require!
- Meeting at 8:30am (accommodation pick up available from 8:30am)
- Returns 6 – 6:15pm on the second day
- No off-road driving experience necessary, you will be briefed and shown the correct methods.
- There is no pressure to drive, you are more than welcome to be a passenger!
- Driver safety briefing 7:30am the morning of departure
- Drivers must be 21 years or over, with an open license for a manual vehicle.
- Passengers’ don’t need to be this age
- Trip itinerary can vary depending on weather and unforeseen circumstances i.e. access closures.
- Guides reserve the right to make the best call for passenger safety comfort
- Credit Card imprint required for drivers (no funds held)
- Luggage storage can be organised $10 per backpack (per night)
- Sleep Tight Pack Hire $15 sleeping bag and sheet (includes free TOTE bag)
- Single Sheet Hire $5
- Sleeping Bag hire $10
- Minimum numbers required for tour to depart
- After booking, all participants must reconfirm with the operator by 10am the day prior to departure.
- All people wanting to drive must attend a driver safety briefing at 7:20am sharp the day of departure.
- Minimum Numbers or 8 pax need to be met for the second vehicle to run and customers able to drive.
- Alternative accommodation is possibly used without notice.